nstructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1) Gain insights into the strategy-making processes of different types of organizations (Lo 1.7)
2) Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in organizations (Lo 2.2)
3) Identify appropriate strategies for different situations (Lo 3.1).
From Saudi or Middle East market, select an example of partnership between two companies (acquisition, collusion, joint venture, value-chain partnership, mutual service consortium, licensing arrangement…) and answer the following questions:
1) Briefly present the two companies, members of partnership (Industry, location, size, competitors, activities…). (Max 400 words)- ()
2) What is the kind of this partnership and what are its main reasons? (
3) What are the issues brought up by the companies during partnership? (
4) Evaluate the competitive advantage of the partner- companies. (
5) What is the method used by the partner-companies to manage the organizational culture? underline the pros and cons of this method.()
· The chosen example must be from real market and the partnership already done.
· Answers must be clear, precise and concise.
· Using terminology developed in your course will be highly valued.
· Limit Words of the assignment: Maximum 1500 words.
· All instructions mentioned in the cover page must be respected.