You must follow the instruction below carefully.
- Answer the following 12 questions as per the instructions specified to each.
- All but number 7 have 2 points. Number 7 rates 3 points.
- Please write the questions and answers together, when you submit your work.
- Due – 11/9//2020 @11.59pm
- Post your work to canvas
- Are developing countries experiencing a demographic transition much like the one developed country did at their earlier stages of economic development or are there important differences?
- How can an increase in human capital lead to an increase in GDP? Why might it not lead to an increase in GDP?
- Given that education is a multi-tier business (pre-school, elementary, secondary, tertiary…), supposedly of you are tasked to advise education reform in a developing country where quality is a toll order, which level you would pick to start from? Would you justify why your choice?
- Discuss the concept of the Universal Health Care (UHC), as formulated by UN-SDG’S and explain why it is so important to ensure the long-standing challenges of the health system in this country.
- What are some of the differences between the population policies of China and India? What factors may have contributed to their success or failure?
- Explain some of the reasons why developing countries have not realized a greater positive development impact from their higher education programs.
- Critically evaluate the pros and cons of food aid to developing countries, its consequence in long-term agriculture development of developing countries. Is there anything you can recommend?
- Explain the following statement “agriculture is both an agent and a remedy of climate change”.
- Critically evaluate the following statement: Government policies to keep the price at which staple foods are bought and sold low helps to reduce poverty and inequality.
- Describe the costs of water pollution and deforestation.
- Describe the basic issues involved in setting up a system of national accounts that includes the value of environmental capital and its loss.
- Is sharecropping economically efficient or inefficient? Explain