Ten Thousand Villages of Cincinnati:
The First Year and Beyond
After reviewing the case, respond to the following questions:
- Contrast fair trade (as introduced in the case) with the traditional form of free trade.
- How do the mission statements and operating principles of TTV and TTV Cincinnati (TTVC) support the ideology of free trade? Discuss the balance/conflict that may exist between the nonprofit mission and the effort to increase sales.
- What makes cultural creatives a unique segment in the U.S. marketplace? What specific marketing techniques should TTVC use to appeal to the cultural creative segment?
- What should Karen do to prepare for year two and beyond? Does it make sense for TTVC to focus on its current customers in year two? Why or why not?
- Define customer relationship management, discuss how CRM is appropriate for TTVC and give samples of CRM strategies that Cheryl may implement in the TTVC store.
Post your response (4-5 pages, double-spaced minimum) to these questions to this forum by Saturday at 6.00 pm
Conway Dato-on, M. (2010). Ten Thousand Villages of Cincinatti: The First year and beyond. Harvard Business Review, 1-15.
Do you need a customized paper? Place an order with us!