Consider the following scenario:
Due to an increase in cardiovascular disease and cancer death in the United States, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) have formed a joint task force and tasked you with developing an educational presentation on one of these topics to share with your community. Due to the public’s lack of knowledge on these topics, it is your job to create a presentation that is informative and educational regarding your chosen topic.
Choose one of the following topics:
- Chronic diseases
- Coronary artery disease
- Congenital heart disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Hypertensive heart disease
- Diabetes type I
- Asthma Chronic
- Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Kidney disease
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Lung cancer
- Additional topic choice as approved by faculty
- Research your topic using online sources such as the FDA, CDC, NCI, and local sources for content on your topic for this presentation.Create a 16- to 19-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with appropriate images to be presented to your community in which you:
- Provide a brief background on your chosen disease.
- Identify how this disease develops or how individuals contract the disease.
- Identify ways of preventing this disease.
- Explain how a fitness or exercise program, ifany, could help prevent this disease.
- Explain how to treat this disease using conventional medicine and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM),otherwise known as holistic medicine.
- Identify the nutritional needs of an individual with this disease, as well as what their diet should be to meet those nutritional needs.
- Make recommendations for where your audience might search for more information regarding this disease.
- The reference slide: include credible source for the information (e.g., not Wikipedia).
- Note: This is an oral presentation that will be accompanied by your Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, so be prepared to present in class.
Do you need a customized paper? Place an order with us!