The components of the immune system offer three lines of defense: The first line of defense involves surface barriers; the second line of defense involves the cells and proteins of innate immunity and the third defense involves the cells and protein of adaptive immunity.
Answer all the following questions:
- What are the major structures and functions of the lymphatic system and how does the lymphatic system interact with other body systems to help maintain homeostasis?
- Explain, with examples, the processes and rationale of fever and inflammation.
- Identify and describe antibodies main purpose and how they function. What do antibodies react to and how are they created?
In a single essay, address each question asked in a single essay-style document with each topic separated with APA level headings, include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. The formatting for your submission is as follows:
- Submissions should be in .doc file format.
- Support your answers with 4 scholarly resources. Your textbook can be used as well.
- Follow APA format, Times New Roman, 12 Font, double spaced.
- Be sure to cite all sources appropriately. (See APA guidelines).
- An appropriate APA cover page and reference page should accompany your submission.
- Please view the evaluation rubric as you will be assessed on adequacy of responses based on the criteria in the rubric.
- Minimal word requirement is 1500 words, not including Title or References pages. Be sure to structure your paper with APA level headings related to the assignment components.
- See the rubric for specific grading criteria.