This final project assignment is associated with the NCF (non-completion failure) grade. Failure to complete this assignment will result in the issuance of a grade of NCF if the course average would result in a failing grade in the course. Students should contact their Academic Counselor or Program Director if they have any questions regarding the NCF grade and its implications.
In order to properly code a bill for medical necessity, it is important to understand different plans and the requirements for billing each. It is true that they all use the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system, the CPT procedure coding system, and the CMS-1500 form, but each type of carrier has certain requirements for a clean bill.
- Create a billing manual constructed of summaries of each type of insurance.
- Include the major requirements for billing for each type.
- Note inpatient or outpatient differences where appropriate.
- Explain how to determine from the patient which type they subscribe to.
- Submit this topic as an 8- to 10-page Microsoft Word document. Use APA standards for citations and references.
- Cite a minimum of three outside peer-reviewed sources to support your assertions and save it as SU_HCM1201_W5_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. Submit the report to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite any sources using correct APA format on a separate page.
Do you need a customized paper? Place an order with us!