Negotiating Across Cultures
Use the following published articles as the basis for your understanding of this topic.
- Craddock, W. T. (2010). Five things every project manager should know about negotiation. (Links to an external site.) Paper presented at PMI® Global Congress 2010—North America, Washington, DC. Newtown Square, PA: Project Management Institute.
- Englund, R. L. (2010). Negotiating for success: are you prepared? (Links to an external site.) Paper presented at PMI® Global Congress 2010—EMEA, Milan, Italy. Newtown Square, PA: Project Management Institute.
- Lukas, J. A. (2013). How to be a successful negotiator in a global economy. (Links to an external site.) Paper presented at PMI® Global Congress 2013—North America, New Orleans, LA. Newtown Square, PA: Project Management Institute.
Read Chapter 5 from the text and the articles in the assignment overview. Englund (2010) discusses Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) in his article. Write a 2-4 page paper on this topic, addressing the questions below. APA formatting is required and sources should be cited. Students should not list the questions in their paper.
- Define BATNA and describe this topic from both the seller’s and buyer’s perspective.
- Answer the following questions:
- Why is having a “walk away point” important in negotiations?
- What are the challenges of negotiating with people from a different culture?
- If your native country is not the United States, describe negotiating in your home country. Provide specific examples.
- In your own terms, describe why negotiating is an important topic in project management, especially if you run projects across international boundaries.
- To conclude this paper, describe how you would apply the principles described in the text and articles to you as a project manager
Do you need a customized paper? Place an order with us!