Critique the two papers listed in the assessment tile on LMS. You will need to locate the full text of the papers. These papers should then be critiqued and an essay written in which you compare and contrast the two research articles by:
- Describing the paper’s aim, method, results and conclusions, and
- Discussing the internal validity, external validity, and measurement validity AND/OR rigor/trustworthiness of each paper.
- Once you have critically appraised each paper, you should consider what these two papers contribute, relative to each other, to the clinical issue being considered.
The articles to be critiqued for the assessment are:
- Høghaug, G., Skår, R., Tran, T. N., & Schou-Bredal, I. (2019). Nurses’ experiences with newly acquired knowledge about medication management: A qualitative study. Journal of Nursing Management, 27(8), 1731-1737. doi:10.1111/jonm.12864
- Huckels‐Baumgart, S., Niederberger, M., Manser, T., Meier, C. R., & Meyer‐Massetti, C. (2017). A combined intervention to reduce interruptions during medication preparation and double-checking: a pilot-study evaluating the impact of staff training and safety vests. Journal of Nursing Management, 25(7), 539-548. doi:10.1111/jonm.12491