Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: review previous chapters
- Minimum of 2 scholarly sources
Review the following dilemmas:
- The Mayor of a large city was given a free membership in an exclusive golf club by people who have received several city contracts. He also accepted gifts from organizations that have not done business with the City, but might in the future. The gifts ranged from $200 tickets to professional sports events to designer watches and jewelry.
- A college instructor is pursuing her doctorate in night school. To gain extra time for her own studies, she gives her students the same lectures, the same assignments, and the same examinations semester after semester without the slightest effort to improve them.
- Todd and Edna have been married for three years. They have had serious personal problems. Edna is a heavy drinker, and Todd cannot keep a job. Also, they have bickered and fought constantly since their marriage. Deciding that the way to overcome their problems is to have a child, they stop practicing birth control, and Edna becomes pregnant.
This is a group activity. You will work in the same groups as before. You may wish to meet throughout the week to share ideas. Collaborate with your team, using email, phone meetings, or any collaboration tool you find useful or prefer.
For this assignment, addresses each dilemma in this assignment. For each dilemma, address the following:
- Identify the consequences of the actions taken
- Determine whether the actions taken represented a greater good, who would benefit from the good, and whether the consequences ethically justify the decisions and actions.
- How would Locke have addressed or solved the problem? You may also address whether or not your team agrees with Locke and, if not, state how you would address it differently. Be sure to explain your reasoning.
Your group will submit both of the following:
- A written reportthat discusses all three ethical dilemmas in depth (Be sure to give equal time to each dilemma.)
- An oral presentation (using VoiceThreador a PowerPoint narrated slide show) that summarizes the report and examines the ethical ideas beyond the particulars of the dilemmas.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources)
Do you need a customized paper? Place an order with us!