1. Choose one population group in Australia (e.g. men/women, low socioeconomic status, rural/remote, people with disabilities/mental illness).
2. Select one of the common chronic diseases in Australia from the following list:
• Back pain
• Cancer (please specify such as lung cancer, breast cancer etc.)
• Cardiovascular disease
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
• Kidney disease
3. Describe the burden of the selected chronic disease within your chosen population. Please describe burden of disease in terms of any two of following: incidence, prevalence, mortality, morbidity, survival or quality of life.
4. Discuss how the social determinants of health can explain the burden of the selected chronic disease within your chosen population.
5. Propose a public health intervention to prevent the selected chronic disease in your chosen population that addresses at least one social determinant of health (e.g. working conditions/ unemployment, social support, transport, housing conditions, education, access to healthcare).
6. Explain what other sector/s aside from the health sector could be involved in your public health intervention.