The Social Mirror Assignment
- Explain the meaning of social mirror. Next, apply to yourself and explore what others would say about you that is generally positive.
- Explain the Johari Window and consider what qualities or behaviors lie within your “Blind” area. What “constructive suggestions” would others offer to help you improve or change?
- Explain the meaning of personality and its relationship with interpersonal communication. What do you most like about yourself and how does it help you communicate with others?
- Explain self-analysis and examine what you most dislike in yourself and would like to change.
- Explain self-awareness and examine beliefs that you have about yourself that limit you.
- Elaborate on how these beliefs might have been created or influenced by your social mirror.
- Since it is possible – perhaps even likely – that these weaknesses or limitations are more imagined than real, what could you do to turn them into strengths?
- Explain the meaning and significance of self-disclosure. Next, write about who could help you make these changes or give you feedback about your progress and how that might benefit you in the future.
- Think back on the questions and identify a few that were more difficult to complete than others. Explain why.
- What did you learn about yourself in this exercise?
(remember that you should cite your textbook and locate additional scholarly sources to demonstrate knowledge gained).
Do you need a customized paper? Place an order with us!