Write a 3–4-page essay analyzing from a sociological perspective a chosen diversity issue covered in the media.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Describe theoretical ideas of power in relation to policy.
- Discuss how minority and dominant groups are portrayed in a media piece in relation to the influence of power.
- Discuss sociological concepts or theories appropriate for understanding the portrayal of diversity in the media.
- Competency 2: Identify historical and contemporary influences of discrimination in U. S. culture.
- Summarize a media piece using the sociological perspective on diversity.
- Competency 3: Analyze the effects of social policy using aggregated data.
- Analyze data that are appropriate for supporting or refuting the central tenets of media piece.
- Competency 6: Apply in text the standard writing conventions for the discipline, including structure, voice, person, tone, and citation formatting.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format and with few errors of grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Do you need a customized paper? Place an order with us!